CONSULAR SERVICES BY THE EMBASSY
Consular services of the embassy are competent for all matters concerning the civil status of individuals and/or families. As such, wedding ceremonies can also be conducted at the Embassy.
The Embassy issues the following certificates:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of celibacy
- Certificate of complete identity
- Mariage certificate
- Alive certificate
The embassy issues those certificates after presenting of the original certificates issued by a Rwandan competent authority.
All relevant informations and requirements are mentioned on the application form: EB-C-DC
Request of relocation and moving personal belongings
All relevant informations and requirements are mentioned on the application form: EB-C-RMPB
The consular services are also authorised to certify copies of an original document and issue the authentication of signatures for Power of Attorney
For the authentication of signatures (i.e. for Power of Attorney) an appointment has to be requested at the Embassy. The complete written request should be sent via registered post mail or be brought to the Embassy in person.
All documents have to be certified by Bundesverwaltungsamt ( or equal Authority within Embassies domain) before being legalized by Embassy. The Documents have to be translated into one of the rwandan official languages (Englisch, French or Kinyarwanda) www.bva.bund.de/DE/Home/home_node.html
Please find all relevant informations and requirements on the application forms:
The following are requirements for a criminal record:
- Application letter addressed to the Prosecutor General, National Public Prosecution Authority, Kigali – Rwanda: indicate the full physical and postal address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Filled Criminal Record Clearance Application form: Download Application Form >>here<<
- Copy of valid Passport: only relevant pages, including a bio-page (photo, names, date and place of birth etc), entry visa etc
- Copy of valid Resident Permit,
- Recently taken colored passport-size photos (with clearly seen ears and cheeks from the front view and white background).
- Poof of payment of criminal record Clearance fee of 10 €.
If the document is to be sent back to you through the postage, please include postage fee of 5 €
The consular department accepts requests on workig days, from 9.00 AM until 1.00 PM.
Tel. +49 30 – 209 165 90
Fax +49 30 – 209 165 959
Please note that the Embassy does not accept cash, only bank transfer.
The consular fees have to be transferred to the following bank account before sending in the written request.
Beneficiary: Botschaft von Ruanda
Bank: Commerzbank Berlin
IBAN: DE87 100400000266054603
SWIFT Code: COBADEFFXXX
Account number: 266054603
- Fee paid is non-refundable in case the service is not provided or application withdrawn by applicant.
- All bank transfer charge are borne by applicant