In response to the evolving Coronavirus pandemic, the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda in Germany is taking steps to protect the health and safety of its officials and visitors as we recognize our responsibility to prevent further spread of the virus.
The Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda kindly asks to refrain from visiting the Embassy in Berlin:
- if you have been in one of the high risk countries
- have been exposed to someone with virus or have symptoms of infection, such as fever, dry cough, or shortness of breath
- Applications for transit, single or multiple Visa will be done upon arrival at entry point in Rwanda
- For consular services such as Embassy notary, legalization of documents, and other similar services, please expect a delay in turnaround tome of 9 business days until further notice.
- Please be advised that birth certificate and police clearance can also be obtained online via www.irembo.gov.rw
- In case of emergency, such as travel to Rwanda with an expired Rwandan passport the Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda issues a One-Way Emergency Travel Document to Rwandans who urgently need to travel and have limited time to go through the normal procedure top acquire a passport. This document allows only one way to Rwanda.
Please find the Emergency Travel Document format in the following link:
Every applicant should provide the following documents to qualify:
1. Provide proof of residence in host country
2. Provide a Copy of your National ID and/or Passport
3. A request letter addressed to the Ambassador (include therein explanation on the nature of your emergency case)
4. Two Passport photos with a white background and all face and ears clearly visible
5. A proof of Payment of Consular Fees (10 €) for each Application: and If the Document is to be sent back to you through the Postal mail, Please Include Postage Fee of 5 €)
All other documents should only be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Cc to: email@example.com, and will be processed in a timely manner
The Embassy would like to thank you for your help and understanding